Meta Ruins of Myvolia
Rules and Etiquette
A play-by-post can be fun and it can be frustrating. It is important to assume nobody is purposely trying to insult you or cheat you. If there is a problem in character or out of character please PM me at Wild_Gazebo. Many of the rules below spring simply from common respect and the wish to keep respect at the forefront when dealing with game situations.
- If you are going to be unable to respond to the game please let everyone know by posting a message in the Adventure Log. This message can be edited or erased later; but, if you are going to be away for an extended period of time let us know. You may adjudicate the running of your character to anyone else in the party (or third party subject to the DMs approval). The player running two characters must avoid collusion and be willing to spend the extra time. If nobody will take control of the character, the DM will assume control. The control will be skeleton mode meaning: the character will be assumed to be with the party and contributing to combat; but, will not initiate conversation or innovation.
- This is considered a gentleman’s game. All rolls adjudicated to you will be assumed to be honest. We will use the Obsidian Portal Die Roller and copy and paste the results into the posts. Similarly, please refrain from any personal attacks and general party infighting. While I can enjoy a game were there is party conflict, this will have to be decided by consensus. Not everybody enjoys the game the same way. So, as a default rule, lethal attacks against other party members is not acceptable (with the exception of DM influence).
- You will have a maximum of 48 hours to respond to a post by the DM. If there is no response by that point the DM will assume control of the character in skeleton mode. Alternate rule: If 4 out of 5 people respond in under 24 hours the DM has the option of going forward with the missing character in skeleton mode while gifting the character a free move action on the following turn. (5 out of 6, 6 out of 7, 7 out of 8, 8 out of 9 or 10, 9 out of 10 or 11) This rule will never be used with less than 5 people.
- All character actions will be gathered at the same time rather than in initiative order so as to make smoother game play.
- The DM reserves the right to ad hoc any situation, even situations covered under the rules, to accommodate game play.
- All players should make an attempt to add to the story and flavor of the game by writing descriptively and actively contributing to the spirit of the game. This includes: describing your actions, speaking with non-player characters and player characters, saying what the character is feeling or thinking, and generally making an attempt to be a part of the world.
- All players are responsible for reading all of the posts. This is very important. There may be information that your character doesn’t know; but, the sheer inclusion of interaction and knowledge will create a better atmosphere for play and storytelling. If you are not going to post please put a comment on the GMs post saying you have read it and aren’t going to post.